The Danner Funeral Home has a long history of providing quality care and services to the families of our community and the surrounding communities. A member of the Danner family has been in the funeral business serving others for over 80 years.
The history of the Danner Funeral Home dates back to 1932 when Raymond A. Danner joined the Tufts Funeral Home firm after graduating from Chapman High School and Williams School of Mortuary Science in Kansas City. Tufts Funeral Home had been in existence for many years prior with the first recorded burial on January 8, 1888.
A Danner has been serving the people of Abilene
and Dickinson County since 1932.
In 1942, Mr. Danner purchased half interest in Tufts with the name changing to Tufts-Danner Funeral Home. James A Tufts, owner of Tufts Funeral Home died May 8, 1946. In 1952, Mr. Danner purchased the Tufts' interest from Mr. Tufts' widow, Eva, and the name of the firm changed to Danner Funeral Home.
Richard R. Danner, son of Raymond and Sylvia Danner, joined the firm following graduation from Abilene High School, Washburn University, and the Dallas Institute of Mortuary Science. Raymond and Richard operated the Danner Funeral Home until Raymond's untimely death in July of 1968.
Richard and his mother, Sylvia, continued to operate the Funeral Home until her retirement. Richard and his wife, Willa, have been operating the Danner Funeral Home since 1985.
Throughout the years, Danner Funeral Home has employed a number of additional staff, all of whom have been committed to excellent care and stellar service for our customers.